From the moment of the season 6 cliffhanger, I’ve been asked numerous times who I think got killed by Negan. I haven’t said a thing about it, unless you’re my family of course. I’ve kept quiet because I believe and still do that the show runners wanted to know whose death would impact the fans the most. I had an idea and still hold to that now from the moment the season and episode ended.
Today however, since we’ve filmed a bit into season 7 and I’m sure we’re all counting down days until the season 7 premiere, I’m going to tell you who I believe Negan killed and why. I’m also going to go through why the other 10 people did not get killed. The order listed below goes from least likely to likely victim.
- Not Killed – Rick
- Let’s face something here, Negan is going to need Rick to make the others listen and do what they have to do now that Negan is in control. Rick is the leader of Alexandria and the only one that people seem to follow, while that may be threatening, he was also one of the first ones to admit defeat to Negan.
- Thus he’s already submitted to Negan and whatever seems to come next. Rick has lost his fight and just wants to keep on living.
- Not Killed – Carl
- Negan likes Carl. You see this from the moment they met. He may have threatened to take his other eye but in the end Negan seemed to move past this pretty quick. He also seemed to link Carl and Rick together so since we know he’s not going to kill Rick, he wouldn’t kill Carl.
- I could also mention some comic stuff but this show has moved away from that a bit so I’m thinking they’re going to disregard what happens in the comics here too.
- Not Killed – Eugene
- Eugene was the one who took off in the RV. He said and made peace with Abraham. If Negan was going to kill him, he would’ve done it out right the moment they captured Eugene.
- Eugene is also a survivor and will use his knowledge to save his life and I’m guessing, since he was with Negan and his group for a bit before Rick and the others showed up, may have said a few things that would make him valuable to Negan. He’s also and easy out and I can’t see the show runners doing that.
- Not Killed – Aaron
- Aaron is also another easy out kill. This again, I can’t see the show runners doing. Plus, Aaron has knowledge of the area and also knows a lot of other survivors from his travels. I imagine this isn’t the first time Aaron has heard of and possibly seen someone from Negan’s group.
- I have my suspicions that Aaron may know more then he’s letting on. On another note, he’s in the season 7 Trailer with a gun pointed at him by Dwight so he’s not the one who Negan kills but he may end up dead before the season ends.
- Not Killed – Rosita
- Negan likes pretty things. He likes value. That much is clear by his camps, how he runs his operation and how his people are.
- He needs to keep the guys on board and what a better way than to throw someone like Rosita at them to ‘play’ with. I’m not saying it’s right but the possibility must have occurred to you at some point.
- Not Killed – Maggie
- Maggie is sick. Maggie is not looking well. Maggie looks like the weakest link to Negan. Why would he kill her? More to the point, in the state she’s in do you thinks he could take not one, but two hits of his bat?
- Come on, this one is obvious. Also, Maggie is seen behind Negan in the season 7 trailer.
- Not Killed – Sasha
- She just got her shit together. Pardon my French but there really is no other way of saying it. She is just coming into her own. She’s a strong character and she’s willing to fight.
- She’s good with a gun and she knows when to shut up. Negan isn’t going to take her out. This is an easy out kill for the show runners, not going to happen.
- Not Killed – Michonne
- She was held by Negan and his group. She was with them for a while. If they intended to kill her, they would’ve done it out right. Negan does like a show but why keep three people hostage just to kill them later, seems a bit like wasted time if you ask me. And from Negan’s speech, he’s not one to waste time or present himself if he doesn’t have too.
- Michonne also just started her love-story interest with Rick, let’s not kill that so quick. They’ll build that up and then something will happen, but that’s a huge maybe
- Not Killed – Daryl
- If Daryl dies, we riot it. I have seen this repeated so many times, I even own a shirt that says it. Daryl is such a valued character not only to show and the group but also the fans as well. Daryl is made for a world like The Walking Dead.
- Daryl was also part of Dwight getting away and I can definitely see Dwight letting Negan know about that. Negan will see Daryl as a very valued member of Alexandria and now his group.
- Daryl is safe. I shouldn’t have to say this either but I will, if Daryl is the one to go, a lot and I do mean a lot of fans would stop watching the show.
- Not Killed – Glenn
- Glenn was killed in the comics. We know this. We’ve been told, we’ve seen it in other articles/theories. This is an obvious choice for the show runners but they don’t use the comics as a how to for things. Yes, they use part of it for the story and the show wouldn’t exist without it but they have developed and created a different story away from that.
- Glenn’s death has already been teased before one the show. We were left hanging for a mid-season finale on whether or not Glenn was alive. I can’t see them going to all the time and effort to do that just to have him killed at the start of season 7.
- Negan will also use Maggie as leverage when it comes to the group. Glenn will be the first to do whatever Negan says just to keep Maggie safe and possibly save her life since she is definitely not doing well.
- Negan let Glenn live after he had his outburst. He made Glenn get back on his knees and in line. He let that go. If he was going to do that, why would he suddenly turn on Glenn then? He would’ve just killed Glenn at his outburst.
“All right, listen. Don’t any of you do that again. I will shut that shit down, no exceptions. First one’s free. It’s an emotional moment, I get it.” – Negan to Glenn
And the winner is……
- Killed – Abraham
- Abraham made peace with everyone at the end of the season. He made up with Eugene and him and Rosita seemed to have moved past the awkward zone after their relationship ended.
- He’s not afraid. Yes, Abraham is on his knees just like everyone else. However, he looks at Negan like he’s just waiting for the right moment to take over. He’s a soldier and soldiers don’t give up, even when they really should.
- Negan will know who’s a threat. He is watching all of them to see who is going to be a problem. He will see how Abraham is looking at him.
- Who else could take a hit from Negan’s bat and get up? Abraham that’s who. Abraham is the only character who could take a beating and get back up. He’s also one of Alexandria’s muscle and less people that are going to fight Negan the better.
- Abraham isn’t a loved character like Daryl or Glenn but he is definitely a valued member of the group and most likely in people’s top 5 of favorite characters on the show. He’s not and easy out but he’s also not a hard out either.
There is also the possibility that more than one character will get killed in the premiere episode. I also don’t see this being a possibility. I think we’ve waited so long to see who is going to die that killing off two people would just be overkill. Also, you would have to come up with a storyline that eliminates two people instead of one. I can’t see the show runners changing the storyline that much, especially since Negan just came into the picture. Negan is going to cause a lot of trouble for Rick and his group this season. This season is going to be full of tense moments and more character deaths, although not at the start of the season.
I am as anxious as you are to see who gets killed. I am wondering if my theory will hold true. One of the things I love about theories and predicting things is seeing if they actually happen or not on the show. We’ll find out in October.
- Abraham Theory
- 7 Theories on Who Negan Killed
- Two Victims for Negan
- Who Negan Didn’t Kill
- Season 7 Trailer Clues