While I am accepting and I want everyone to be able to express a different opinion, I do feel strongly when it comes to gay rights and allowing them to be. I am a straight female girl and I have several best friends who are gay but upon reading some Facebook pages, I feel the need to raise a little hell.
That being said, I just posted this to two different anti-gay marriage pages:
Your ideas are generally well thought out and while I agree that everyone should be able to express their opinions and be able to feel safe about them. That being said, I need to express my opinion on your entire page.
Your page just made me very sad to read. While I am a straight 22 year old, I think that the idea of someone opposing gay marriage because of “love not an accepting factor” is not a justifiable reason. You assume love is just the only factor in what makes someone gay or not. You are also assuming that lust is the only reason why someone would have sex with someone who is of the same sex. All of these are assumptions are wrong.
I have several gay friends and I love them all dearly, and not in a sexual form. They are my friends and if they want to marry their boyfriend or girlfriend, that’s what they want. You assume that the sanctity of marriage is some how violated when two people of the same sex enter that relationship status. That is not the case at all. The sanctity of marriage is that of two people who want to spend the rest of their lives together, working through the good and the bad and any issues but agree that uniting their souls is the way to prove to God that want to be together.
And before someone goes spouting off about “The Bible”, let me say that religion is the only reason more than 99 percent of you think that gay marriage is wrong. Gay marriage is a choice made, same as if you choose to marry someone else. The Bible or any religious form should not be the deciding factor. We have no right to say if someone’s marriage is wrong. And if we are going to keep religion involved (which you people always do), then let God decide at the heavenly gates if it’s wrong. However, we will never know what is God’s ultimate decision because once we reach those Gates and if God was so opposed to “gay marriage”, then why has he created those who are gay? Why would God let there be “gay” people in the world if it’s the most disgusting and horrible sin in the world? God is the answer to everything you do right? Then how is all of this answered? Guess what, it’s not answered. And it never will be answered.
Let the fun begin!
tomorrow is gonna be rough. tomorrow needs to happen now. i just need something to keep to my mind off of it. i just hope that happens soon!
Location: Home, bedroom
Date/Time: March 29th 2012/9pm
Now Playing: Season 1 of The L Word
I got a chance to be apart of the live chat with Hunter Parrish before Godspell 3/29/12. It was crazy but, my question was answered first. And I impressed the moderator and Hunter. My question had NEVER BEEN ASKED BEFORE.
I find that shocking first of all. Here is the link for the full video but, I will post what was said. She said my name wrong too but I don’t care. It happens all the damn time. Cue to 1:43 in the video for my question.
Lady: Okay, so Tanya wants to know, Hunter..ohhh good question. What’s your favorite episode of Weeds?
Hunter: Oh wow, um I’ve never been asked that question.
Lady: It’s a great question.
Hunter: It is a great question. Umm, probably anytime I got to work with Albert Brooks. Which was season 5.
( For those who don’t know Albert Brooks is Lenny Botwin)
Lady: I am a Weeds fan too.
Hunter: Wow, Cathy knows the Weeds. Umm yeah so it’s probably season 5 and the four episodes he was in. And he’s just amazing, spectacular guy and a great actor that I look up too. And get to work with.
Lady: And he’s coming back for another season.
Hunter: That’s right.
Lady: Because were rumored that you weren’t coming back.
Hunter: I think that’s the rumor every season. But it’s not true.
Lady: Well it keeps us in suspense and coming back for more.
I know it’s silly but it made me smile! And it was really cool. I’m glad there’s a play back because my video for the LIVE stream was choppy and broken. So I can rewatch it! 🙂
Location: Home, bedroom
Date/Time: January 26th 2012/6:30pm
Now Playing: Raise Your Glass by PINK
Enjoy the random facts below!
- A completely blind chameleon will still take on the colors of its environment.
- 1 in 3 women thinks her pet is a better listener than her husband.
- Overweight and obese people are better at smelling food.
- Studies have shown that people feel better and are physically healthier during the weekend.
- The ‘forbidden fruit’ mentioned in the Bible is never actually identified as an apple.
- The number of births that occur in India each year is higher than the entire population of Australia.
- Chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA), a natural substance that is reputed to stimulate the same reaction in the body as falling in love
- The inventor of the Pringles can had his ashes buried inside one of the tall tubes!
- More than 16,000 children in the U.S. and U.K. auditioned for the role of Harry Potter!
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is the only book in the series without any killing.
- For every pound of fat you gain, your body produces seven miles of new blood vessels!
- Sex is the safest tranquilizer in the world. It is 10 times more effective than Valium.
- A man once sued his doctor because he survived his cancer longer than the doctor predicted.
- Your statistical chance of being murdered is one in twenty thousand.
- Nearly 500 million people have seen Justin Bieber’s Baby video, only about 5 million people hv seen the first video ever uploaded to YouTube
- 75% dentist keeps asking you questions while their hands are in your mouth.
- It cost 7 million dollars to build the Titanic and 200 million to make a film about it.
- 99% people find it so annoying when washing their face and the water runs down their arms to elbows.
- Archaeologists found skeletal remains of a Roman-era couple who have been holding hands for 1,500 years.
- All the coal, oil, gas, and wood on Earth would not even keep the Sun burning for just 1 second
- Men take more risks when they know attractive women are looking, which is why casinos employ attractive women to hang around games.
- No individuals with the same name as Leonardo DiCaprio (Jack Dawson) and Kate Winslett (Rose DeWitt Bukater) were on the real Titanic.
- 7% of Americans think Elvis is STILL ALIVE.
- A fine is a tax for doing wrong and a tax is a fine for doing well.
- When someone appears in your dreams, it means that person misses you.
- It takes 12 bees their entire lifetime to make one tablespoon of honey.
- All California license plates are made in prisons.
- Whales, dolphins and apes are the only animals, other than humans, known to commit suicide.
- If you wear a ring, the number of germs living beneath it could be as high as the entire population of Europe.
- You spend 7 years of your life in the bathroom.
- If you feed a seagull Alka-Seltzer, its stomach will explode.
- The sentence “THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG” uses every letter of the English Alphabet.
- After reading this sentence you will realize that the the brain doesn’t recognize a second “the” in this sentence.
- More people have cell phones than access to a decent toilet.
- In an average day, a four year old child will ask 437 questions!
- 75,000 teddy bears are left behind in hotels every year.
- Bill Gates’ house was designed using a Macintosh computer.
- The shortest war on record was fought between Zanzibar and England in 1896. Zanzibar surrendered after 38 minutes.
- Men with a certain rare medical condition can breastfeed babies.
- Nearly 30% of female lottery winners hide their winning ticket in their bras.
- A fire in Australia has been burning for more than 5,000 years!
- It is estimated that millions of trees in the world are accidentally planted by squirrels who bury nuts and then forget where they hid them
- Dying is illegal in the Houses of Parliaments – This has been voted as the most ridiculous law by the British citizens.
- Honking of car horns for a couple that just got married is an old superstition to insure great sex.
- In India it is cheaper to have sex with a prostitute than buy a condom!
- If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
- At 100 mph, it would take about 98 days to drive to the moon.
Locaiton: Home, dining room table
Date/Time: October 29th 2011/5:30pm
Now Playing: Live Like We’re Dying by Kris Allen
Happy Gagaween EVERYONE!
And this is my take on Gagaween!
Location: Home, living room
Date/Time: August 13th 2011/3pm
Now Playing: Set It Off movie
I’m so sick of this issue at work with getting my time off for the weekend of the 19th. My boss told me I’d have my Saturday and Sunday and I’d come back early to work for him on Monday. I checked my schedule and it says I work that Sunday, but that isn’t a for sure.
The thing that bugs me is now this other girl I work with is being a bitch and because she doesn’t want to work Sunday, she going to tell him that she needs that day off for a party. This is a lie and I might be getting fucked over. Not happy. I’ve decided that either he gives it to me or I’m going and I’ll take the write up for not showing. Screw this crap honestly. I shouldn’t have to push like this and yet I am.
I don’t want to be a bitch about it but I will if it comes to that.
Location: Home, bedroom
Date/Time: July 29th 2011/6pm
Now Playing: Judas by Lady Gaga
I’ve learned something here today, that no matter what, I’ll never win an arguement. I thought my dad would be understanding of this, but nope, not this time. I “overreacted”. Whatever, just another thing to add to the list as to why I wanna move out. I swear by the time I’m actually out, the thing will be a foot long.
One thing is for sure, I’m sick of being my Mom’s punching bag.